Download Kashmie Ali’s full CV here.
Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina: Abaco, Bahamas
Managing Director: March 2016 – Present
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the 40 acre, 198 marina slip, 8 residences, and 89 rooms & villas beach-front property.
- Responsible for the Director of Sales & Marketing’s day-to-day management and results.
- Worked with owners to improve on resort management and operations and procedures and systems with a focus on rebranding the property to improve net ROI.
- Reposition resort via strategic marketing plan.
- Reposition resort overall services and operations to improve NOI.
Shamin Hotels: Virginia, DC, and Baltimore
Regional Manager: November 2015 – April 2016
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of 3 Hilton branded hotels.
- Worked with managers to exceed brand standards.
- Worked with managers to maintain budgetary and financial guidelines and procedures.
- Liaised with ownership as an advisor.
Managing Director: July 2014 – August 2015
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the 87 villa resort, 59 residences, marina, and 17-acre beach-front property.
- Responsible for the Director of Sales and Marketing day-to-day management and results.
- Worked with owners and owners’ representatives to improve on resort management and operations procedures and systems, yield better net profits, branding, reputation management, capital improvement plan, improvement on brand position, ranking, and reputation within competitive set.
Managing Director: October 2009 – July 2014
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the 34 acre self-contained resort.
- Advised ownership on the strategic development of its business plan, marketing initiatives, human resources, and capital improvements.
- 100% responsible for the resort’s financial performance including the P&L and balance sheet.
- Directed the sales and marketing team and their plan in order to maintain 24 million dollars in revenue streams.
- Oversaw the resort’s transition to a successful performer in just over 2 years.
- Maintained key relationships with business communities, government agencies, and the 350 employee staff body made up of 14 different nationalities.
- Closely worked with government and federal agencies to ensure strict management and compliance for the resort’s on-property self-contained Total Energy Plant (water, power, sewer).
Director of Operations: December 2005 – September 2009
- Oversaw Anse Chastanet Resort and its 49 luxury villas and Jade Mountain Resort with its 28 luxury suites at an ADR of $1,900.00
- Responsible for all day-to-day operations of these very diverse luxury resorts located on 600 acres including dive operations, adventure sport, historic plantation, and the Anse Chastanet Luxury Villa Development Company.
- 100% responsible for the financial and service level performance of these two luxury resorts and related companies.
- Managed the on-property and overseas relationships with Jade Mountain and Anse Chastanet’s public relations firms, travel and trade organizations, and press and travel agent programs.
- Maintained key relationships with business communities and government agencies.
- Advised owners on strategic planning and their implementation issues in order to maintain a competitive edge and niche brand awareness.
Regional Director of Operations: May 2001 – November 2005
- Was involved with all aspects of Sandals Resorts in St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbados.
- Developed key relationships with business communities and government agencies promoting Sandals brand awareness.
- Analyzed Sandals reports and maintaining Sandals regional headquarters in the Eastern Caribbean.
- Collaborated with resort General Managers within Sandals’ offices in Jamaica and marketing offices in the United States and United Kingdom.
- Handled numerous human resource functions including all staff management such as hiring, training, and termination when required.
- Managed internal and external cost including maintenance of budgeted costs and development of purchasing programs.
- Implemented safety and security procedures throughout resorts.
Shamin Hotels: Richmond Virginia
Vice President of Operations: May 1998 – April 2001
- Oversaw all operations and management of 11 franchised hotels.
- Ensured successful franchise relations with Hilton, Holiday Inn, and Choice Hotels.
- Provided communications and advice to management on various issues including revenue, budgeting, and human resources.
- Charged with monitoring hotel finances, including budget approval and internal audit guidelines.
- Coordinated with hotel franchise representatives, including hotel inspections and franchise and asset management programs.
- Completed development of individual and team agendas, improving operational efficiencies, handled hiring, training, and termination of senior management.
American General Hospitality Inc: USA
General Manager: August 1992 – April 1998
- Oversaw all aspects of various hotels including Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, and Howard Johnson Plaza Hotels, located in the states of Florida, Ohio, Connecticut, Tennessee, and Virginia.
- Board of Directors – USVI Hotel Association
- Board of Directors – St. Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association
- Trustee – The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences
Professional Certification in Digital Marketing – 2017
Professional Certification in Contract Law – 2016
George Washington University: District of Columbia
Professional Certification in Hospitality and Destination Management – 2005
American Hotel & Lodgining Educational Institute: Orlando, Florida
Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) – 2000 to Present
MeriStar / American General Hospitality
General Manager & Certified Trainer – 1995, 1997, 2001
Hilton / Promus
General Manager, Sales, & Marketing – 1995, 2001
Holiday Inn Worldwide
Management & Marketing – 1994, 2001
General Manager, Sales & Marketing – 1998, 2000
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org